Recently, WordPress Educational themes or LMS (Learning Management System) are hot topics. You can find easily these themes on ThemeForest.net. According to our data, Education WP and WPLMS are two best selling items. In order to continue our series, I will make the comparison between these two education themes: Education WP vs WPLMS.
22 Dec 2015
18 Feb 2014
|Courses management||LearnPress plugin (free)||
Without Woocommerce: PayPal, Stripe,
Authorize.net, offline payment
|Course search and rating||Yes||Yes|
|Slider builder||Revolution Slider||Revolution Slider|
|Page builder||Site Origin||Visual Composer|
Number of demos
-LMS, University, Kindergarten
|bbPress & BuddyPress||Yes||Yes|
|Translation ready + RTL||Yes||Yes|
|$ Saving||$350 (Revolution Slider, LearnPress addons)||$129(Revolution Slider, Visual Composer)|
-Page speed insight
Education WP vs WPLMS – similarities
Best Education WordPress themes on ThemeForest.net
Being created in early 2014, WPLMS quickly becomes the best seller theme for Education on ThemeForest with over 9800 sales. Despite of stepping after WPLMS nearly 2 years, Education WP is a rocket with 1170 sales in just nearly 4 months. Both Education WP and WPLMS are the top WordPress Educational themes in the market and they are updated constantly to bring best features.
Many awesome features for any Education or LMS site
Education WP and LMS comes with many necessary features such as:
- Revolution Slider: with highly customizable, transitions, effects and custom animations, your education site will have a beautiful useful header.
- WooCommerce: selling course easily and professionally
- Retina ready: your site can be active on any device with a perfect look.
- One click DEMO data importer: save your time to build site.
- RTL support and translation ready: your education site can accost with anyone at anywhere on the world.
- include BuddyPress & bbPress: a social forum be created on your education site to exchange information.
- And more: Contact Form 7, MailChimp, Google fonts & font-awesome icons…
Courses are always focused and updated in every version
With an education or LMS website, courses creation and things related to course are the most important part. Both of these two themes take very much care of this, example: search box to search courses, drag & drop curriculum, many quiz question types, front-end edit, course review…and in every version, they increasingly update and improve features and functionalities. However, the way to do is very different, I will analyze below.
Education WP vs WPLMS – Differences
Courses creation and management
This is the most focused and interest part in an education site. With WPLMS, they use default courses/ built-in courses which are packed in the theme with very many features: student dashboard, front-end course creation, course directory, course timeline, course admin area, course badges, course events… You can create course easily with units, quizzes, course settings, curriculum, set pricing, questions, categories, group.. by front-end course creation. Each course is displayed by course timeline including more information: course progress, sections, units, mark unit complete, unit download… Course admin area brings an easy course management to help you filter member, member activity, remove member, course evaluations, course statics,….
With Education WP, all of above features are operated by LearnPress – no.1 LMS WordPress plugin on WordPress.org with many powerful features. It is lightweight core plugin and it provides an excellent user interface to create a course with options you need. You can find it easy to make a full curriculum layout as well as edit and maintain it. You can export and import courses from other websites using LearnPress. Especially, you will own a pack of LearnPress premium add-ons around $250 just by purchasing Education WP:
- myCRED intergration – adding myCRED support for LearnPress WordPress LMS plugin, you can add badges, point system to your eLearning WordPress site using LearnPress + myCRED add-on.
- Certificates – adding drag & drop certificates builder as well as selecting designed certificate for each LMS course, your student will get particular certificate when they finished a course.
- Co-instructors – multiple instructors support for each LMS course.
- Collections – making LMS courses collection by selecting number of courses, this is helpful if you want to combine multiple LMS courses into a collection for a group of skills.
- Stripe Payment method for LearnPress – Stripe payment method for LearnPress WordPress LMS Plugin.
- WooCommerce intergration – using WooCommerce as payment gateway for LearnPress WordPress LMS Plugin.
- Content Drip – the feature to restrict the access of student to each lesson by progress, or time.
- Sorting Choices question type – another interactive question type for LearnPress.
Demos and design
Both of them have equal number of demo – 9 demos. While WPLMS builds demos for only different forms of LMS site, Education builds demos for many types of education website such as: LMS, university, kindergarten. A part which should also be mentioned in this comparison is design and UI/UX of theme. With Education WP, every part of design is focused and meticulous, standard to each pixel, it gives best UI/UX for user. However, I don’t see them on WPLMS.
Performance and SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is always important for any website. One of elements what is appreciated by Google is performance of site, Will it also affect to your site or not? In two themes Education WP and WPLMS, I can only see ThimPress’ care about this issue in Education WP. It is optimized very much and achieved amazing data in the table above of this post, they use Page Builder by SiteOrigin also with a purpose that increasing performance. In the meanwhile, WPLMS is optimized little.
Education WP and WPLMS – Which education WordPress theme is better ?
Both are the best WordPress educational themes currently. Education WP – awesome theme with LearnPress and its add-ons brings many powerful features in courses creation and management, it is very focused on design and performance. On the other side, WPLMS is also a very good education theme with a lot of interesting features and used by many users. This comparison is only my personal opinion, and how about you? Let try them to give out your idea by commenting below. Thank you very much !